PRINCE2® For PMPs Online
Why should I take the PRINCE2 For PMPs Online course?
PRINCE2 online learning gives you a convenient and cost-effective route to PRINCE2 certification. You can fit the study around your own schedule and continue to work while you add PRINCE2 to your qualifications in your own time. Our material is developed by experts and fully accredited. PRINCE2 e-learning can be combined with classroom training as part of a blended learning package .
PRINCE2 for PMPs Online is suitable for current PMP or CAPM credential holders who want to add PRINCE2 to their resume. The course gives you the knowledge and skills to take the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam. After the course, you will be able to analyze project situations using PRINCE2 and make decisions by tailoring the method appropriately. The course will help you to apply PRINCE2 and provide explanations for the correct use of the method in different circumstances.
Can I see a Demo of your PRINCE2 Online Learning?
Yes. Request a PRINCE2 for PMP demo and we’ll set you up with a preview so you can try out the system first.
Who should take this e-learning course?
PMP or CAPM credential holders wishing the gain the PRINCE2 methodology certification.
What is included:
The course includes:
- 1-year access to our accredited PRINCE2 e-Learning material
- Official manual: “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2” 6th edition
- Sample exam questions
- Dashboard and Module reporting so you can track your progress
- PRINCE2 Practitioner exam online (webcam required) + Certificate
- 38 PDUs
What will I learn:
- Gather requirements accurately using Product Based Planning and the Quality Theme
- Manage Risk proactively using your Risk Management Strategy
- Report and make recommendations to senior management using management by exception
- Manage your projects to an international standard.
What are the course prerequisites:
You need to send evidence of your current PMP or CAPM credential to the course to gain an exemption from the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
What are the course contents:
This is the full PEOPLECERT International PRINCE2 course. It covers the PRINCE2 syllabus to Practitioner level.
Key Learning Points:
- PRINCE and the Big Picture
- 7 Principles
- 7 Processes
- 7 Themes
- Creating the project management team
- Defining roles and responsibilities
- Tailoring the project governance to different types of project
Starting up a Project
- Writing a Project Brief
- The essential Business Case
- Answering the vital question: “do we have a viable and worthwhile project?”
Initiating a Project
- Preparing project Strategies for Risk, Quality and Communications
- Creating the Project Plan
- Assembling the Project Initiation Document
- Defining Customer Quality Expectations
- Quality management, planning and control
- Levels of plan and the planning horizon
- Using the Product Based Planning technique
- Writing Product Descriptions documents
Progress and Change
- Technical vs Management stages – which is best?
- Dealing with Issues and change
- Management by exception
- Management by stages
- Writing the Risk management strategy
- Using a Risk management procedure
- Implementing appropriate risk management responses
Directing a Project
- Authorizing project initiation
- Authorizing the project and individual stages
- Giving ad-hoc direction and steering through problems
Running a Project
- Controlling a Stage: managing project teams and work packages
- Managing Product Delivery: build and test products
- Managing a Stage Boundary: look back, look at the big picture, look forward to the next stage
Closing a Project
- Planned and premature close
- Evaluating the project
- Writing the End Project and Lessons Learned Reports
Which exam is included in this course?
This course includes the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
Your PRINCE2 Practitioner exam tests your ability to apply the PRINCE2 guidance to a realistic scenario. You are required to show that you can analyze situations and make decisions using the standard appropriately.
- 68 multiple choice questions
- Open book exam, but only the official PRINCE2 manual can be used
- 2.5 hours duration
- 55% needed to pass so a score of 38 / 68 is required
When is the exam taken?
When you are ready to take the exam, we will send you a prepaid voucher. You will be able to schedule the exam in the portal anytime you want 24/7. A webcam is required to identify yourself to the proctor with a photographic ID and then you can do the exam online from home.
What’s the best way to prepare for the PRINCE2 exam?
Set your exam date first. Then work towards it. The material takes 34 hours study to get you to Practitioner level. So, work out how long that is going to take you and then book the exam. This way you have a clear target to aim at. This will help you stay on schedule.
Do I need ID for the PRINCE2 exam?
You must have a photographic ID with you. A driver’s license or passport is fine. A work ID, with photograph, is also acceptable.
How long does my PRINCE2 qualification last?
The Practitioner qualification must be renewed every 3 years to maintain your status as a PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner. You will have the option of adhering to the Axelos Membership program (Free year 1) and earn 20 CPD points every year to remain current.
What happens if I don’t pass the PRINCE2 exam?
If you don’t pass a PRINCE2 exam you can do a re-sit. We will send you a new voucher code for an additional fee.
Can I just take the PRINCE2 exam with you?
Sorry, no. We are an Accredited Training Organization for PRINCE2, so we are not permitted to offer just exams.
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Online version of this course is offered by SPOCE, an Accredited Training Organisation of PEOPLECERT International.
PRINCE2® For PMPs Online
Online for PMPs is a convenient and cost-effective route to add the PRINCE2® qualification to your cv. Get certified at your own pace and earn PDUs. Includes: 1-year access to accredited e-learning, manual, 1 online exam 24/7 (webcam required).Find out more »