AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner Online
Why should I take the AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner Online course?
AgilePM online learning gives you a convenient and cost-effective route to Agile Project Management certification. You can fit the study around your own schedule and continue to work while you add AgilePM to your qualifications in your own time. Our material is developed by experts and fully accredited.
This course is specifically designed for Project Managers and presents an approach to planning, resourcing, and managing a successful Agile project. It offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigor and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
Can I see a Demo of your AgilePM Online Learning?
Yes. Request an AgilePM demo and we’ll set you up with a preview so you can try out the system first.
Who should take this e-learning course?
Typical job roles include:
- Project Managers or aspiring Project Managers
- Project Team members
- Agile Team members
What is included:
The course includes:
- 1-year access to our accredited AgilePM e-Learning material
- Official manual: “Agile Project Management Handbook v2.0”
- Sample exam questions
- Dashboard and Module reporting so you can track your progress
- AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner exams online (webcam required) + Certificate
- 26 PDUs if you are a PMP
What will I learn:
The course includes:
- Deliver quicker, cost-effective and low risk change by implementing a tried and tested approach to agile project management.
- Understand the background of agile in project management and the differences compared to traditional / alternative approaches.
- Equip yourself with the core principles, concepts and processes required for successful agile projects.
- Apply the DSDM agile approach to projects and daily activities and embrace an evolutionary development approach for more effective solutions.
- Boost communication and stakeholder engagement skills; critical for successful projects.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Help organizations deliver effectively, at a lower cost and with lower risk, by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Become an informed member of a project team using DSDM and AgilePM practices.
What are the course prerequisites:
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Experience in project management is beneficial.
What are the course contents:
This is the full APMG-International AgilePM course. It covers the full AgilePM syllabus to Practitioner level.
Key Learning Points:
- What is Agile? Choosing an appropriate Agile approach
- Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- The DSDM Process
- The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices – Prioritization and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
- Other practices: Facilitated Workshops , Modelling, and Iterative Development
- Roles and Responsibilities – the PM view
- Agile Project Management – through the lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
- Deliver on time – Combining MoSCoW Prioritization and Timeboxing
- People, Teams and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating – How and When
- Project Planning through the Lifecycle
- Quality – Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the approach
Which exams are included in this course?
This course includes the Online AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner exams.
AgilePM Foundation exam
This is your first AgilePM exam designed to test your knowledge and understanding of AgilePM
- 50 multiple choice questions
- Closed book exam
- 40 minutes duration
- 50% needed to pass – 25 correct marks
AgilePM Practitioner Exam
Your second AgilePM exam tests your ability to apply the AgilePM guidance to a realistic scenario. You are required to show that you can analyze situations and make decisions using the standard appropriately. You must pass the Foundation exam to take the Practitioner.
- 8 Objective Testing style questions with 10 points per question. A total of 80 marks are available
- Complex multiple choice
- Open book exam, but only the official AgilePM manual can be used
- 2.5 hours duration
- 50% needed to pass – 40 correct marks
When are the exams taken?
Whenever you are ready. You will be able to schedule the exams in the portal anytime you want 24/7 (except holidays). A webcam is required to identify yourself to the proctor with a photographic ID and then you can take the exam online from home.
What’s the best way to prepare for the AgilePM exams?
Set your exam date first. Then work towards it. The material takes about 23 hours study to get you to Practitioner level. So, work out how long that is going to take you and then book the exams. This way you have a clear target to aim at. This will help you stay on schedule.
Do I need ID for the AgilePM exams?
You must have a photographic ID with you. A driver’s license or passport is fine. A work ID, with photograph, is also acceptable.
How long does my AgilePM qualification last?
The AgilePM Foundation qualification is permanent. The Practitioner qualification must be renewed every 5 years to maintain your status as an AgilePM Registered Practitioner by retaking the Practitioner exam.
What happens if I don’t pass an AgilePM exam?
If you don’t pass an AgilePM exam it’s possible to do a retake for an additional fee. We can issue another voucher for you to re-sit the Online exam.
Can I just take the AgilePM exams with you?
Sorry, no. We are an Accredited Training Organization for AgilePM, so we are not permitted to offer just exams.
AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Agile Business Consortium Limited. All rights reserved. The APMG International AgilePM and Swirl Device is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
The Online version of this course is offered by SPOCE, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd.
AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner Online
AgilePM online learning gives you a convenient and cost-effective route to Agile Project Management certification. You can fit the study around your own schedule and continue to work while you add AgilePM to your qualifications in your own time. Includes: 1-year access to accredited e-learning, manual, 2 online exams 24/7 (webcam required).Find out more »