Managing Benefits™ Foundation and Practitioner Online
Why should I take the Managing Benefits Foundation and Practitioner Online course?
Online e-learning gives you a convenient and cost-effective route to Managing Benefits certification. You can fit the study around your own schedule and continue to work while you add Managing Benefits to your qualifications in your own time. Our material is developed by experts and fully accredited.
Benefits realization is the reason your organization spends money on projects and programs. Until Managing Benefits there was no systematic, multi-disciplinary guidance to show you how to do this effectively and in detail. Managing Benefits aims to help organizations address the problem of demonstrating return on investments. It provides managers and practitioners from multiple disciplines, working in a variety of organizations, with generally applicable guidance encompassing benefits management principles, practices and techniques.
Can I see a Demo of your Managing Benefits Online Learning?
Yes. Request a Managing Benefits demo and we’ll set you up with a preview so you can try out the system first.
Who should take this course?
The Managing Benefits Foundation and Practitioner training is designed for anyone with a role in ensuring that the organization makes best use of investments by maximizing the benefits from projects, programs and the portfolio. This will include:
- Portfolio Directors, Managers and members of Portfolio / Program Boards or Investment Committees
- Strategic planning and policy setting personnel
- Program and project managers
- Business case writers and analysts
- PMO teams in Portfolio, Program or Project offices
What is included:
The course includes:
- 1-year access to our accredited MSP e-Learning material
- Official manual: “Managing Benefits “
- Sample exam questions
- Dashboard and Module reporting so you can track your progress
- Managing Benefits Foundation and Practitioner exams online (webcam required) + Certificate
- 29 PDUs if you are a PMP
What will I learn:
- State the Principles of benefits management and describe how to apply them to your projects and programs.
- Describe how to implement and sustain the Managing Benefits approach appropriately.
- Explain the 5 practices for successful benefits management and how they can be applied successfully
What are the course prerequisites:
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Experience in project, portfolio or program management is beneficial.
What are the course contents:
This is the APMG-International Managing Benefits Foundation and Practitioner course. It covers the Managing Benefits syllabus to Practitioner level.
Key Learning Points:
What is Benefits Management and why do we need it?
- Definitions – benefits and benefits management
- Value and value management
- Why do we need benefits management?
- Objectives of benefits management
Barriers to success
- Common misconceptions about benefits realization
- The knowing – doing gap
- Cognitive bias
- Organizational pressures
Benefits Management Principles
- Align benefits with strategy
- Start with the end in mind
- Utilize successful delivery methods
- Integrate benefits with performance measurement
- Management benefits from a portfolio perspective
- Apply effective governance
- Develop a value culture
Benefits Management cycle
- The benefits managements cycle
- Integrating benefits into the wider organizational context
- Key success characteristics
- Key roles, responsibilities and documentation
Benefits Management practices
- Identify & Quantify
- Value & Appraise
- Plan – 4 themes that underpin benefits planning
- Realize – transition, tracking and optimizing benefits
- Review – initiative led and independent reviews
Portfolio based Benefits Management
- The scope of portfolio-based benefits management
- Key documentation and roles
Applying Benefits Management techniques
- Reference class forecasting / Delphi technique / Probability based forecasting
- Driver based analysis
- Investment logic mapping
- Benefits map
- Benefits eligibility rules
- Customer insight
- Multi-criteria analysis
Tools and templates
- Benefits management skills and competencies log
- Benefits logic map
- Managing benefits health check assessment
Which exams are included in this course?
This course includes the Managing Benefits Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Managing Benefits Foundation exam
The Managing Benefits Foundation exam is designed to test your knowledge and understanding of Managing Benefits
- 50 multiple choice questions
- Closed book exam
- 40 minutes duration
- 50% needed to pass – 25 correct marks
Managing Benefits Practitioner exam
Your second Managing Benefits exam tests your ability to apply the Managing Benefits guidance to a realistic scenario. You are required to show that you can analyze situations and make decisions using the standard appropriately. You must pass the Foundation exam to sit the Practitioner
- 8 Objective Testing style questions with 10 points per question. A total of 80 marks are available
- Open book exam, but only the Managing Benefits manual
- 2.5-hour duration
- 50% needed to pass – 40 correct marks
When are the exams taken?
When you are ready to take the exams, we will send you a prepaid voucher. You will be able to schedule the exams in the portal anytime you want 24/7. A webcam is required to identify yourself to the proctor with a photographic ID and then you can do the exam online from home.
What’s the best way to prepare for the Managing Benefits exams?
Set your exam date first. Then work towards it. The material takes 25 hours study to get you to Practitioner level. So, work out how long that is going to take you and then book the exams. This way you have a clear target to aim at. This will help you stay on schedule.
Do I need ID for the Managing Benefits exams?
You must have a photographic ID with you. A driver’s license or passport is fine. A work ID, with photograph, is also acceptable.
How long does my Managing Benefits qualification last?
The Managing Benefits Foundation and Practitioner qualifications are permanent. You will receive a lifetime certificate.
What happens if I don’t pass the Managing Benefits exams?
If you don’t pass a Managing Benefits exam you can do a re-sit. We will send you a new voucher code for an additional fee.
Can I just take the Managing Benefits exams with you?
Sorry, no. We are an Accredited Training Organization for Managing Benefits, so we are not permitted to offer just exams.
APMG International Managing Benefits™ is a trademark of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved. The APMG International Managing Benefits and Swirl Device is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
The Online version of this course is offered by Training Bytesize, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd.
Managing Benefits™ Foundation and Practitioner Online
Managing Benefits™ online is a convenient and cost-effective route to become a registered Practitioner in benefits management. Get certified at your own pace with e-learning. Includes: 1-year access to accredited e-learning, manual, 2 online exams 24/7 (webcam required).Find out more »