Better Business Cases™ Foundation Online
Why should I take the Better Business Cases Foundation online course?
Online e-learning gives you a convenient and cost-effective route to Better Business Cases certification. You can fit the study around your own schedule and continue to work while you add Better Business Cases to your qualifications in your own time. Our material is developed by experts and fully accredited.
The Business Case is the most important document in your project. It sets out WHY your project is worth doing and WHAT benefits it will deliver. Better Business Cases training helps you justify your spending proposals using an officially approved process.
Can I see a Demo of your Better Business Cases Online Learning?
Yes. Request a Better Business Cases demo and we’ll set you up with a preview so you can try out the system first.
Who should take this e-learning course?
The Better Business Cases Foundation is designed for anyone with a role in ensuring that the organization makes best use of investments by maximizing the benefits from projects, programs and the portfolio. This will include:
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme Directors and other Directors with responsibility for the successful delivery of programmes and projects.
- Project Managers, Project Team members and specialist advisers tasked with delivering a business case for investment.
- Officers involved in the scrutiny and review of investment proposal
What is included:
The course includes:
- 1-year access to our accredited Better Business Cases e-Learning material
- Official manual: “International Guide to developing the Project/Program Business Case” (Electronic version)
- Sample exam questions
- Dashboard and Module reporting so you can track your progress
- Better Business Cases Foundation exam online (webcam required) + Certificate
- 15 PDUs if you are a PMP
What will I learn:
- The philosophy and underlying rationale of the Five Case Model.
- The different types of business case, their purpose, who is responsible for them and when they are required in the development of a spending proposal.
- The development of the business case in relation to other recognized and recommended best practice for programme and project management.
What are the course prerequisites:
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
What are the course contents:
This is the APMG-International Better Business Cases Foundation course. It covers the Better Business Cases syllabus to Foundation level.
Key Learning Points:
Understanding Better Business Cases
- Why is the business case important?
- 8 common causes of project failure
5 Types of Business Case you can use
- Strategic Outline Programme
- Strategic Outline Case
- Outline Business Case
- Full or Final Business Case
- Business Justification Case
Applying the 5 Case Model
- Strategic Case – is it applicable?
- Economic Case – is it appropriate?
- Commercial Case – is it attractive?
- Financial Case – is it affordable?
- Management Case – it is achievable?
How BBC works with Best Practice
- Project and programme management
- Gateway review process
- The Strategic Outline Programme for policy, regulation and grants programmes
- How to develop the business case from Strategic Outline to Full Business case
- Using the Business Justification Case for minor spending proposals
Which exam is included in this course?
This course includes the Online Better Business Cases Foundation exam.
Better Business Cases Foundation exam
This Better Business Cases exam is designed to test your knowledge and understanding of Better Business Cases
- 50 multiple choice questions
- Closed book exam
- 40 minutes duration
- 50% needed to pass – 25 correct marks
When is the exam taken?
Whenever you are ready. You will be able to schedule the exam in the portal anytime you want 24/7 (except holidays). A webcam is required to identify yourself to the proctor with a photographic ID and then you can take the exam online from home.
What’s the best way to prepare for the Better Business Cases exam?
Set your exam date first. Then work towards it. The material takes about 14 hours study to get you to Foundation level. So, work out how long that is going to take you and then book the exam. This way you have a clear target to aim at. This will help you stay on schedule.
Do I need ID for the Better Business Cases exam?
You must have a photographic ID with you. A driver’s license or passport is fine. A work ID, with photograph, is also acceptable.
How long does my Better Business Cases qualification last?
The Better Business Cases Foundation qualification is permanent.
What happens if I don’t pass a Better Business Cases exam?
If you don’t pass a Better Business Cases exam it’s possible to do a retake for an additional fee. We can issue another voucher for you to re-sit the Online exam.
Can I just take the Better Business Cases exam with you?
Sorry, no. We are an Accredited Training Organization for Better Business Cases, so we are not permitted to offer just exams.
Better Business Cases™ is a trademark of Her Majesty’s Treasury. All rights reserved. The APMG International Better Business Cases and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group. All rights reserved.
The Online version of this course is offered by SPOCE, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd.
Better Business Cases™ Foundation Online
Better Business Cases™ online learning is a convenient and cost-effective route to BBC certification. Get certified at your own pace with e-learning. Includes: 1-year access to accredited e-learning, manual, 1 online exam 24/7 (webcam required).Find out more »