Better Business Cases™ Foundation and Practitioner Online
Why should I take the Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner online course?
Online e-learning gives you a convenient and cost-effective route to Better Business Cases certification. You can fit the study around your own schedule and continue to work while you add Better Business Cases to your qualifications in your own time. Our material is developed by experts and fully accredited.
The Business Case is the most important document in your project. It sets out WHY your project is worth doing and WHAT benefits it will deliver. Better Business Cases training helps you justify your spending proposals using an officially approved process.
Can I see a Demo of your Better Business Cases Online Learning?
Yes. Request a Better Business Cases demo and we’ll set you up with a preview so you can try out the system first.
Who should take this e-learning course?
The Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner is designed for anyone with a role in ensuring that the organization makes best use of investments by maximizing the benefits from projects, programs and the portfolio. This will include:
- Program and project managers
- Business case developers and analysts
- PMO teams in Portfolio, Program or Project offices
- Accountants or Financial Advisors
- Business Analysts
- Directors of Finance and Procurement and Planning
What is included:
The course includes:
- 1-year access to our accredited Better Business Cases e-Learning material
- Official manual: “International Guide to developing the Project/Program Business Case” (Electronic version)
- Sample exam questions
- Dashboard and Module reporting so you can track your progress
- Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner exams online (webcam required) + Certificate
- 26 PDUs if you are a PMP
What will I learn:
- The philosophy and underlying rationale of the Five Case Model.
- The different types of business case, their purpose, who is responsible for them and when they are required in the development of a spending proposal.
- The development of the business case in relation to other recognized and recommended best practice for programme and project management.
- Apply the Five Case model
- Fit with best practice assurance and approvals.
What are the course prerequisites:
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
What are the course contents:
This is the full APMG-International Better Business Cases course. It covers the full Better Business Cases syllabus to Practitioner level.
Key Learning Points:
Understanding Better Business Cases
- Why is the business case important?
- 8 common causes of project failure
5 Types of Business Case you can use
- Strategic Outline Programme
- Strategic Outline Case
- Outline Business Case
- Full or Final Business Case
- Business Justification Case
Applying the 5 Case Model
- Strategic Case – is it applicable?
- Economic Case – is it appropriate?
- Commercial Case – is it attractive?
- Financial Case – is it affordable?
- Management Case – it is achievable?
How BBC works with Best Practice
- Project and programme management
- Gateway review process
- The Strategic Outline Programme for policy, regulation and grants programmes
- How to develop the business case from Strategic Outline to Full Business case
- Using the Business Justification Case for minor spending proposals
Which exams are included in this course?
This course includes the Online Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Better Business Cases Foundation exam
This is your first Better Business Cases exam designed to test your knowledge and understanding of Better Business Cases
- 50 multiple choice questions
- Closed book exam
- 40 minutes duration
- 50% needed to pass – 25 correct marks
Better Business Cases Practitioner Exam
Your second Better Business Cases exam tests your ability to apply the Better Business Cases guidance to a realistic scenario. You are required to show that you can analyze situations and make decisions using the standard appropriately. You must pass the Foundation exam to take the Practitioner.
- 4 Objective Testing style questions with 20 points per question. A total of 80 marks are available
- Open book exam, but only the International Guide to developing the Project/Program Business Case can be used
- 2.5-hour duration
- 50% needed to pass – 40 correct marks
When are the exams taken?
Whenever you are ready. You will be able to schedule the exams in the portal anytime you want 24/7 (except holidays). A webcam is required to identify yourself to the proctor with a photographic ID and then you can take the exam online from home.
What’s the best way to prepare for the Better Business Cases exams?
Set your exam date first. Then work towards it. The material takes about 22 hours study to get you to Practitioner level. So, work out how long that is going to take you and then book the exams. This way you have a clear target to aim at. This will help you stay on schedule.
Do I need ID for the Better Business Cases exams?
You must have a photographic ID with you. A driver’s license or passport is fine. A work ID, with photograph, is also acceptable.
How long does my Better Business Cases qualification last?
The Better Business Cases Foundation qualification is permanent. The Practitioner qualification must be renewed every 5 years to maintain your status as a Better Business Cases Registered Practitioner by retaking the Practitioner exam.
What happens if I don’t pass a Better Business Cases exam?
If you don’t pass a Better Business Cases exam it’s possible to do a retake for an additional fee. We can issue another voucher for you to re-sit the Online exam.
Can I just take the Better Business Cases exams with you?
Sorry, no. We are an Accredited Training Organization for Better Business Cases, so we are not permitted to offer just exams.
Better Business Cases™ is a trademark of Her Majesty’s Treasury. All rights reserved. The APMG International Better Business Cases and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group. All rights reserved.
The Online version of this course is offered by SPOCE, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd.
Better Business Cases™ Foundation and Practitioner Online
Better Business Cases™ online is a convenient and cost-effective route to become a registered Practitioner. Get certified at your own pace with e-learning. Includes: 1-year access to accredited e-learning, manual, 2 online exams 24/7 (webcam required).Find out more »