AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner
Why should I take the AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner course?
This course is specifically designed for Project Managers and presents an approach to planning, resourcing, and managing a successful Agile project. It offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigor and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
Who should attend this class?
Typical job roles include:
- Project Managers or aspiring Project Managers
- Project Team members
- Agile Team members
What is included:
The course includes:
- 4.5-days classroom training from an AgilePM Approved Trainer
- Official manual: “Agile Project Management Handbook v2.0”
- Accredited course material including sample exam questions
- AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner exams + Certificate
- 38 PDUs if you are a PMP
What will I learn:
- Deliver quicker, cost-effective and low risk change by implementing a tried and tested approach to agile project management.
- Understand the background of agile in project management and the differences compared to traditional / alternative approaches.
- Equip yourself with the core principles, concepts and processes required for successful agile projects.
- Apply the DSDM agile approach to projects and daily activities and embrace an evolutionary development approach for more effective solutions.
- Boost communication and stakeholder engagement skills; critical for successful projects.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Help organizations deliver effectively, at a lower cost and with lower risk, by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Become an informed member of a project team using DSDM and AgilePM practices.
What are the course prerequisites:
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Experience in project management is beneficial. You need to complete about 3 hours of study before the course. We’ll provide all the reading materials you need to get prepared before you come to class.
What are the course contents:
This is the full APMG-International AgilePM course. It covers the AgilePM syllabus to Practitioner level.
Key Learning Points:
- What is Agile? Choosing an appropriate Agile approach
- Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- The DSDM Process
- The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices – Prioritization and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
- Other practices: Facilitated Workshops , Modelling, and Iterative Development
- Roles and Responsibilities – the PM view
- Agile Project Management – through the lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
- Deliver on time – Combining MoSCoW Prioritization and Timeboxing
- People, Teams and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating – How and When
- Project Planning through the Lifecycle
- Quality – Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the approach
Which exams are included in this course?
This course includes the AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner exams.
AgilePM Foundation exam
This is your first AgilePM exam designed to test your knowledge and understanding of AgilePM
- 50 multiple choice questions
- Closed book exam
- 40 minutes duration
- 50% needed to pass – 25 correct marks
AgilePM Practitioner Exam
Your second AgilePM exam tests your ability to apply the AgilePM guidance to a realistic scenario. You are required to show that you can analyze situations and make decisions using the standard appropriately. You must pass the Foundation exam to sit the Practitioner.
- 8 Objective Testing style questions with 10 points per question. A total of 80 marks are available
- Complex multiple choice
- Open book exam, but only the official AgilePM manual can be used
- 2.5 hours duration
- 50% needed to pass – 40 correct marks
When are the exams taken?
Your Foundation exam is taken on Tuesday afternoon. Your Practitioner exam is taken on Friday Morning.
How does the course prepare me for the AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner exams?
The course follows the official AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner exam syllabus. The accredited training materials are cross referenced to areas of the exams so that you are fully prepared. During the course, you practice with the latest exam papers from APMG-International. Day 4 of the course is dedicated to practicing for your Practitioner exam and our expert trainer will guide you through a series of exercises and discussions to get you ready for the exam itself.
Do I need ID for the AgilePM exams?
You must bring photographic ID with you. A driver’s license or passport is fine. A work ID, with photograph, is also acceptable.
How long does my AgilePM qualification last?
The AgilePM Foundation qualification is permanent. The Practitioner qualification must be renewed every 5 years to maintain your status as an AgilePM Registered Practitioner by retaking the Practitioner exam.
What happens if I don’t pass an AgilePM exam?
If you don’t pass your AgilePM Foundation exam you can retake a different paper immediately. All our exam packs include spare papers so you can re-take the test the same day. But relax: most people pass Foundation level exams first time around. Do the work, read the book and you will be okay. The immediate retake is there as a safety net if you need it. If you don’t pass the Practitioner exam you will find this out by email a week after taking the class. You can retake the Practitioner exam online 24/7 for an additional fee.
Can I just take the AgilePM exams with you?
Sorry, no. We are an Accredited Training Organization for AgilePM, so we are not permitted to offer just exams.
AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Agile Business Consortium Limited. All rights reserved. The APMG International AgilePM and Swirl Device is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
This AgilePM® course is offered through ATO OKAZY Consulting.
AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner
This course is specifically designed for Project Managers and presents an approach to planning, resourcing, and managing a successful Agile project. It offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigor and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile. Includes: 4.5-days classroom training from an accredited instructor, manual, material and 2 exams.Find out more »