PRINCE2 ONLINE LEARNING
Why should I take PRINCE2 Online Learning?
PRINCE2 online learning gives you a convenient and cost-effective route to PRINCE2 certification. You can fit the study around your own schedule and continue to work while you add PRINCE2 to your qualifications in your own time. Our material is developed by experts and fully accredited. PRINCE2 e-learning can be combined with classroom training as part of a blended learning package
The PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course is suitable if you will be a Project or Team Manager in a PRINCE2 project. Consultants, PMO staff and Program Managers will all the find the course beneficial. If you are looking to enhance your CV and demonstrate PRINCE2 skills at the highest level, then PRINCE2 Practitioner is your best option. The course gives you the ability to analyze project situations using PRINCE2 and make decisions by tailoring the method appropriately. The course will help you to apply PRINCE2 and provide explanations for the correct use of the method in different circumstances.
Can I see a Demo of your PRINCE2 Online Learning?
Yes. Request a PRINCE2 demo and we'll set you up with a preview so you can try out the system first
Who should take this course?
Typical job roles include:
- Project managers and aspiring project managers
- Project team managers and support staff
- Managers or program managers
- Project management consultants
What is included in the PRINCE2 e-learning package?
The course includes:
- PRINCE2 official manual: " Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 "
- Access to our accredited PRINCE2 e-Learning material for 1 year
- 13 modules with associated lessons
- Full practice exam papers
- Dashboard and Module reporting so you can track your progress
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Online exams 24/7 (webcam required)
- 40 PDUs if you are a PMP
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be ready to:
- Gather requirements accurately using Product Based Planning and the Quality Theme
- Manage Risk proactively using your Risk Management Strategy
- Report and make recommendations to senior management using management by exception
- Manage your projects to an international standard
- Take and pass the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams
What are the course prerequisites?
You should be working in or have a good knowledge of project management.
What are the course contents?
The course covers the complete PRINCE2 syllabus to Practitioner level and includes examination practice.
Key Learning Points
- PRINCE and the Big Picture
- 7 Principles
- 7 Processes
- 7 Themes
- Creating the project management team
- Defining roles and responsibilities
- Tailoring the project governance to different types of project
Starting up a Project
- Writing a Project Brief
- The essential Business Case
- Answering the vital question: "do we have a viable and worthwhile project?"
Initiating a Project
- Preparing project Strategies for Risk, Quality and Communications
- Creating the Project Plan
- Assembling the Project Initiation Document
- Defining Customer Quality Expectations
- Quality management, planning and control
- Levels of plan and the planning horizon
- Using the Product Based Planning technique
- Writing Product Descriptions documents
Progress and Change
- Technical vs Management stages - which is best?
- Dealing with Issues and change
- Management by exception
- Management by stages
- Writing the Risk management strategy
- Using a Risk management procedure
- Implementing appropriate risk management responses
Directing a Project
- Authorizing project initiation
- Authorizing the project and individual stages
- Giving ad-hoc direction and steering through problems
Running a Project
- Controlling a Stage: managing project teams and work packages
- Managing Product Delivery: build and test products
- Managing a Stage Boundary: look back, look at the big picture, look forward to the next stage
Closing a Project
- Planned and premature close
- Evaluating the project
- Writing the End Project and Lessons Learned Reports
Which exams are included in this course?
This course includes the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams
PRINCE2 Foundation exam (Version 2017)
This is your first PRINCE2 exam designed to test your knowledge and understanding of PRINCE2
- 60 multiple choice questions with 1 mark for each question
- Closed book exam
- 1 hour duration
- 55% needed to pass so a score of 33 / 60 is required
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam (Version 2017)
Your second PRINCE2 exam tests your ability to apply the PRINCE2 methodology with a scenario. A Foundation exam pass is required before you can take the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
- 68 multiple choice questions
- Open book exam, but only the official PRINCE2 manual can be used
- 2.5 hours duration
- 55% needed to pass so a score of 38 / 68 is required
Where do I take the PRINCE2 exams?
When you are ready to take the exams, we will send you a prepaid exam voucher. You will be able to schedule the exams in the portal anytime you want 24/7. A webcam is required to identify yourself to the proctor with a photographic ID and then you can do the exam online from home.
What's the best way to prepare for the PRINCE2 exams?
Set your exam date first. Then work towards it. The material takes 40 hours study to get you to Practitioner level. So, work out how long that is going to take you and then book the exams. This way you have a clear target to aim at. This will help you stay on schedule
How long does my PRINCE2 qualification last?
The PRINCE2 Foundation qualification is permanent. The Practitioner qualification must be renewed every 5 years to maintain your status as an PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner.
What happens if I don't pass a PRINCE2 exam?
If you don't pass a PRINCE2 exam you can retake a different one. We'll send you your score and a question by question breakdown of your paper. You can retake the PRINCE2 exam online for an additional fee.
Can I just take the PRINCE2 exams with you?
Sorry, no. We are an Accredited Training Organization for PRINCE2 so we are not permitted to offer just exams.
Do I need to be a project manager to take this course?
Some knowledge of project management is good but it is not essential.
How many hours of study are required to pass the exams?
You need about 20 hours study to get ready for the Foundation exam. And 20 hours more to get to Practitioner level.
I am a PMP, do I get credit for prior learning?
Yes, if you are a current PMP or CAPM you are not required to take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam and go straight to the Practitioner level. You still need to gain Foundation level knowledge of PRINCE2 but it’s one less exam to worry about. Check out our course PRINCE2 for PMPs Online learning.
Do I need to log project management experience before the course?
No. You are not required to show experience of project management before taking a PRINCE2 course or taking exams.
Can you compare PRINCE2 online vs classroom?
Good question. PRINCE2 online learning is flexible - you can fit the learning around your schedule. You don't have to take time off to attend a course and you can work anywhere - at home, on the road, in hotels etc. Like our classroom training the material is fully accredited and will prepare you for the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams. Sometimes, online learning can be too flexible so you need to be disciplined and set yourself a clear schedule. If you are working in a corporate environment we recommend using mentors to keep you on track. PRINCE2 instructor led training is the quickest route to PRINCE2 certification - it is all done in 5 days. During a classroom event, you get access to a PRINCE2 approved trainer and many students say that the Trainer's insights and enthusiasm increase their understanding of the methodology. The opportunity to ask specific questions and get immediate answers is one of the biggest benefits of instructor led training. There are also invaluable networking opportunities so you can share and learn from other's experiences.
I am thinking about buying the PRINCE2 manual and self-studying?
If you are doing this for cost reasons, it’s a mistake. Our e-learning package includes everything and are built to save you money and trouble. Our fully accredited e-learning package includes online lessons, the latest practice exam questions, shipping, examination costs and proctor fees there is nothing else to pay. And you have a higher chance of passing your PRINCE2 exams. Self-study students have a lower exam pass rate than those who have taken online or instructor led training.
How many PDUs do I get for this course?
PMPs can claim 40 PDUs at the PMI for the PRINCE2 Online Foundation and Practitioner course. (20 Technical PDUs, 10 Leadership PDUs, 10 Strategic PDUs)