PRINCE2 AGILE FOUNDATION AND PRACTITIONER
Why should I take the PRINCE2 AGILE course?
PRINCE2 Agile represents an evolution of PRINCE2, being the first extension module to the PRINCE2 method. This certification helps you to tailor PRINCE2 for your organization in an agile way. Since the 2001 Agile Manifesto, agile approaches are becoming more popular for many reasons:
· Incremental delivery of products
· Time box and iterative approach to delivering
· A collection of techniques such as daily stand-up meetings, sprints and users’ stories
· Collaboration working
Prince2 Agile describes how to configure and tune PRINCE2 so that PRINCE2 can be used in the most effective way when combining it with agile behavior, concepts, frameworks and techniques.
Who should attend the PRINCE2 AGILE course?
Project Managers and any key support project or program managers.
What is included?
The course includes:
- PRINCE2 AGILE official manual: " PRINCE2 AGILE "
- 5-days classroom training from a PRINCE2 Agile Approved Trainer
- Accredited course material including sample exam questions
- PRINCE2 AGILE Foundation and Practitioner exam + certificate
- 41 PDUs if you are a PMP
What will I learn?
- PRINCE2 Agile behaviors including collaboration, rich communication, self-organization, transparency and exploration
- Guidance on how to apply agile behaviors, frameworks, concepts and techniques into a PRINCE2 project
- Advice on using agile fundamentals and techniques such as collaborative teams, open communications and stand ups
- Mappings between agile roles and those in a PRINCE2 project. Where, for example, does a Scrum Master fit into a PRINCE2 project?
What are the course prerequisites?
You should be working of have good knowledge of project management. Having been certified PRINCE2 is recommended but not mandatory.
You need to complete about 5 hours of study before the course. We'll provide all the reading materials you need so you will be well prepared before you come to class.
What are the course contents?
The course covers the complete PRINCE2 AGILE syllabus to Practitioner level and includes examination practice.
Key Learning Points
· PRINCE2 Agile introduction
· An overview of Agile
· The rationale for blending PRINCE2 and agile
· The PRINCE2 journey when using agile
· Agile and the PRINCE2 principles
· The 7 PRINCE2 themes when using PRINCE2 Agile
· The 7 PRINCE2 processes when using PRINCE2 Agile
· The “Agilometer”
· Rich communication
· Frequent releases
· Creating contracts when using agile
Which exam is included in this course?
This course includes the PRINCE2 AGILE Foundation and Practitioner exam.
PRINCE2 AGILE Foundation Exam
The Foundation exam is designed to test your knowledge and understanding of the method.
- 50 Objective Testing style questions worth 1 mark
- Closed book exam
- 1 hour duration
- 55% needed to pass so 28 / 50 is required
PRINCE2 AGILE Practitioner Exam
The Practitioner exam tests your ability to apply the PRINCE2 AGILE methodology with a scenario.
- 50 Objective Testing style questions worth 1 mark
- Open book exam, but only the official PRINCE2 AGILE manual can be used
- 2.5 hours duration
- 60% needed to pass so 30 / 50 is required
When is the exam taken?
Your Foundation exam is taken Tuesday afternoon. Your Practitioner exam is taken on Friday .
Do I need ID for the PRINCE2 AGILE exam?
You must bring photographic ID with you. A driver's license or passport is fine. A work ID, with photograph, is also acceptable.
How long does my PRINCE2 AGILE qualification last?
The PRINCE2 AGILE Foundation qualification is permanent. The Practitioner qualification must be renewed every 3 years to maintain your status as a PRINCE2 Agile Registered Practitioner. You will have the option of adhering to the Axelos Membership program (Free year 1) and earn 20 CPD points every year to remain current .
What happens if I don't pass a PRINCE2 AGILE exam?
If you don’t pass your PRINCE2 Agile Foundation exam you can retake the exam or opt out of the certification. If you don’t pass the Practitioner exam you will find this out by email a week after taking the class. You can retake the Practitioner exam online 24/7 for an additional fe e.
Can I just take the PRINCE2 AGILE exam with you?
Sorry, no. We are an Accredited Training Organization for PRINCE2 AGILE so we are not permitted to offer just exams.
Where is the class held?
Our courses are held at quality downtown venues in all major Canadian cities. You will be close to transport links and parking.
What are the class hours?
Monday -> Thursday: 8.30 AM to 4:30 PM
On Friday, 8.30 AM to 11.30 AM. In Ottawa, the class may be extended on Friday .
I am a PMP, do I have to get a PRINCE2 certificate first?
No, if you are a current PMP or CAPM you are not required to take the PRINCE2 exam and go straight to the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner level. You just need to send evidence of your current PMP or CAPM credential.
How do I prepare for PRINCE2 AGILE training?
You have about 5 hours of preparation to do before you attend the PRINCE2 AGILE course. Before the class, we will send you the official manual: “PRINCE2 AGILE” as well as a Reading List. During the pre-course, you read key chapters of the manual. It seems a lot at first but the more work you can do in advance of the course, the better. Even if you don’t 100% understand things before you come along – don’t worry. If you’ve done the work, our trainers are experts in PRINCE2 AGILE. We’ll get you understanding the method in no time at all .
How many PDUs do I get for this course?
PMPs can claim 41 Technical PDUs at the PMI for the PRINCE2 AGILE Learning course.