CHANGE MANAGEMENT FOUNDATION AND PRACTITIONER
Why should I take the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner course?
In this course, you will be introduced to change management theory and techniques. You will explore and consider which of these could be effectively implemented in your organization and you will focus on how to apply and tailor change management guidance in any given organizational change situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to start applying the change management approaches and techniques to a real change initiative
Dealing effectively with change is a high priority for organizations today. The APMG-International Change Management™ Certification has been developed by APMG in partnership with the Change Management Institute (CMI), an independent, global professional association of change managers. They have developed a professional ‘body of knowledge'' for the discipline of change management, which provides an independent benchmark for the professional knowledge expected of an effective change manager.
Change Management Foundation and Practitioner levels present the latest knowledge theory and best practices in effective change management along with professional certification.
Who should attend this class?
Typical job roles include
· Those wishing to achieve Change Management Certification at Foundation Level or Foundation and Practitioner Levels
· Organizational change leaders, managers and supporters of change initiatives
· Those working in organizations where a chance initiatives is being planned or taking place
· Change management specialists
What is included?
The course includes:
· 5-days classroom training from a Change Management Approved Trainer
· Official manual: "The Change Manager's Handbook"
· Accredited course material including sample exam questions
· Change Management Foundation and Practitioner exams + Certificate
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be ready to:
· Identify the various types of change that affect organizations, and know how to draw on professional approaches to support the effective delivery of each change initiative
· Value the human side of change and know how to help people deal effectively with change
· Identify and work with the stakeholders in a change initiative, and know how to plan, execute and measure the effectiveness of communications
· Assess the impacts of change, to develop effective change teams and to recognize and address resistance to change
· Understand the process of sustaining change and know how to embed a change initiative as the new "business as usual"
· Take and pass the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner exam s
What are the course prerequisites?
You should be working in or have a good knowledge of change management. You need to complete about 10-20 hours of study before the course. We'll provide all the reading materials you need so you will be well prepared before you come to class .
What are the course contents?
This is the official Change Management Foundation and Practitioner course approved by APMG. The course covers the complete Change Management syllabus to Practitioner level and includes examination practice.
Key Learning Points
Change Management Foundation
· Defining change
· Managing benefits: Ensuring change delivers value
· Stakeholder strategy
· Communication and engagement
· Change impact
· Change readiness, planning and measurement
· Project management: Change initiatives, projects and programmes
· Education and learning support
· Sustaining change
· Personal and professional management
· Organizational considerations
Change Management Practitioner Exam Preparation
· Sample Practitioner Exam Paper
· Exam Tips and Technique
Which exams are included in this course?
This course includes the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner exams
Change Management Foundation exam
This is your first Change Management exam designed to test your knowledge and understanding of Change Management
- Four sections, total of 50 multiple choice questions with 1 mark for each question
- Closed book exam
- 40 minutes duration
- 50% needed to pass, so 25 / 50 is required
Change Management Practitioner Exam
Your second CM exam tests your ability to apply and tailor what you have learned to a standard change management situation. You will be required to adapt to the circumstances of a specific change and apply approaches and techniques appropriately. A Foundation exam pass is required before you can take the CM Practitioner exam .
- Objective testing based on a case study scenario
- Four questions of 20 marks each
- Open book exam, but only the official Change Manager's Handbook can be used
- 2.5 hours duration
- 50% needed to pass, so 40 / 80 is required
When are the exams taken?
Your Foundation exam is taken on Wednesday afternoon. Your Practitioner exam is taken on Friday.
How does the course prepare me for the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner exams?
The course follows the latest current Change Management syllabus from APMG. Before attending class, we will provide you with detailed preparation material to get you ready for the class. During your course, you will use the official sample Change Management exam papers to consolidate your knowledge and get you ready for the exam. Day 4 of the course is dedicated to practice for your Practitioner exam and our Change Management trainer will guide you through a series of exercises and discussions to get you ready for the exam itself .
Do I need ID for the Change Management exams?
You must bring photographic ID with you. A driver's license or passport is fine. A work ID, with photograph, is also acceptable.
How long does my Change Management qualification last?
The Change Management Foundation qualification is permanent. The Practitioner qualification must be renewed every 5 years to maintain your status as a Change Management Registered Practitioner .
How do I take the Change Management Re-Registration exam?
You can attend any of our Change Management training sessions to re-certify as a Registered Practitioner.
The CM Re-registration exam is based on a scenario and is set at the same difficulty level as the Change Management Practitioner.
- There are 2 Objective Testing style questions with 20 marks each
- Like the Practitioner, the Re-Registration exam is open book but, only the Change Manager's Handbook can be used
- 1.5 hour
- Pass mark is 50%, so 10 / 20 is required
What happens if I don't pass a Change Management exam?
If you don't pass your Change Management Foundation exam you can retake a different paper immediately. All our exam packs include spare papers so you can re-take the test the same day. But relax: to date 99% of our students have passed their Change Management Foundation exam first time around. Do the work, read the book and you will be OK. The immediate retake is there as a safety net if you need it. If you don't pass the Practitioner exam you will find this out by email a few weeks after taking the class. We'll send you your score and a question by question breakdown of your paper. You can retake the Change Management Practitioner exam at the next class for an additional fee.
Can I just take the Change Management exams with you?
Sorry, no. We are an Accredited Training Organization for Change Management so we are not permitted to offer just exams.
Where is the class held?
Our courses are held at quality downtown venues in all major Canadian cities. You will be close to transport links and parking.
What are the class hours?
- Monday -> Friday: 8.30 AM to 4:30 PM
- On Friday, the class may finish early after your Practitioner exam
How much preparation is required?
You have about 10-20 hours of preparation to do before you attend the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner course. Before the class, we will send you the official Change Management manual: " The Change Manager's Handbook " as well as some pre-course reading. During the pre-course, you read key chapters of the manual for guidance. The pre-course work can be tailored according to how much time you have available. The more you can do before class though, the better prepared you will be to contribute and ask relevant questions.
Do I need to log change management experience before the course?
Change Management does not require you to log hours of change management experience before training. The Change Management approach is a bit like learning to drive: you certify and then practice.
Can I split the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner course?
Yes. We know that different people learn in different ways. And have busy schedules! We don't charge you extra if you book the course as one event, but take it on two different occasions.
The course on this page is offered by ATO Algonquin College , an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd.
Find this course in your area.